Academic Coordinator Job Description
Introduction: An academic coordinator is very important individual who deals with the everyday tasks in an educational institute. Institutes today rely on the academic coordinator because he/she plays a variety of roles to facilitate smooth coordination between students, departments, communities and other personnel directly or indirectly involved with the institute. For the teaching department, the academic coordinator helps in developing teaching procedures and strategies for different programs. This may include revision in the existing programs or curriculum and introduction of new programs with respect to requirements of students. He/she also recommends training programs for the staff so that they can teach new programs. Alternately, he/she can suggest recruitment of new staff to meet program requirements. Soliciting student feedback and reviewing program effectiveness is also a responsibility of the academic coordinator. They helps the institute to define goals for each department and adopt measures that will aide attainment of these goals. While the programs are going on, he/she counsels the teachers and students on any problems or difficulties faced during classes and learning activities. He/she also helps the library staff in setting up and ordering books and other materials for students and staff to facilitate continuous learning. An academic coordinator is also the in-charge of developing and introducing extracurricular activities for the institute and motivates students for participating in the same. He/she assists the dean and management in defining policies and regulations. Further information on the academic coordinator responsibilities has been listed below.
Academic Coordinator Responsibilities
- Planning: Whether it is the development of educational programs, faculty development, recruitment or any other activity, they plays an active part in planning these activities. He/she recommends best methods for these activities to attain desired results.
- Evaluation: All the short term and long term program of an educational institute are evaluated by the academic coordinator. He/she communicates with the participants of the programs to find out whether it has been effective and if not, then the measures that need to be taken to improve the programs in future.
- Leadership: An academic coordinator leads all the programs including research projects of students and faculties. He/she provides necessary assistance to the faculty and staff and other personnel in the institute.
- Documentation and Reporting: Documents the ongoing activities and programs in the institute. He/she prepares and presents reports to the dean or management during staff and board meetings.
- Recruitment, Training and Placement: Participates in the admissions of students and recruitment of staff and assists in the evaluation of candidates. He/she suggests and/or conducts the training programs for the staff. He/she also assists in the campus placement activities and communicates with various organizations regarding the schedule of campus placement activities.
Many other job responsibilities can be assigned to an academic coordinator in order to fulfil the institutes’ requirements on a regular basis.
- An efficient leader who can drive the students and staff in the pursuit of attaining academic goals.
- He/she should know how to overcome problems and assist in all areas of planning, development, revision and implementation of programs and policies.
- Proficiency in different computer applications used for record maintenance and research is also mandatory. Ability to work in flexible schedules and on weekends is an added advantage.
Institutes recruit individuals for this position only if they have experience working in an educational institute and hold a master's or a doctoral degree in education or related course.
Interested candidates can apply to email@example.com mail id or fill your details below. If your resume been shortlisted you will surely receive a call from us.
Looking for an interesting job at a fastest growing educational institution? Join the Springboard International preschool team of potential and driven individuals. You can be assured to work with a talented group from diverse backgrounds, enhance your skills and grow your career.
Springboard is ready to welcome you with gusto and zest to give you a bright future. Interested candidates can forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Any inquiries made to this e-mail address will not be considered as assured job.